With increasing technology and the rise of the internet, tradies need to get savvy with their marketing. And the most recent savvy marketing trend, Google Adwords.
Google Adwords is a paid advertising platform where your campaign appears to potential customers when they are performing google searches (Google Search Network) or when they are generally scrolling through websites (Google Display Network).
So how does this apply to your trade business? How can you start implementing it in your marketing plan today?
Well, we utilise this in our own plumbing business through Google’s Search Network. For example, when a potential customer searches “plumbing Bondi” (these are known as keywords) our webpage will appear as one of the top results. Ready and waiting for the customer to click and book a job with us!
But, before you start setting up an Adwords campaign, there’s a few things you need to consider:
- Do you have a professional webpage to direct customers to? Google has the ability to recognise irrelevant or subpar webpages and your campaign will not be successful if it does!
- Do you have good keywords to attract the right customers? There’s no use using the names of suburbs you don’t even service as a keyword. Having the right keywords plays a crucial role in the success of your campaign.
- How much are you willing to spend? This is super important to consider as you will be paying per click. Again, consider keywords here and the cost of each keyword. At the moment, the keywords ‘plumber Sydney’ will set you back a whopping $200 per click!
After determining these, it’s time to seriously consider setting up your campaign!
Here’s just a few of the benefits:
Let’s say… you don’t currently have Google Adwords in action, and a potential customer searches “plumbing Bondi”. You are a plumber, and this is an area you service, but there are 100 other plumbers in the area in the same boat. Because of this, your website shows up in the search on the 3rd page. Is your customer going to scroll all the way to the 3rd page? Doubt it.
Having Adwords means your website and business will be front and centre when the customer performs a search, ultimately resulting in more leads!
Rise above your competitors
More likely than not, your competitors are already using Google Adwords. Implementing your own Adwords campaign means you can finally start competing on a level playing-ground.
Even if a potential customer doesn’t click on your ad, they will still read your business name and are now aware of who you are! Who’s to say they won’t remember it next time they need your services and turn to you instead?
The amazing thing about Adwords is that everything is trackable at the click of a button! You can see how many leads the ads have generated, how much you’ve spent, how many clicks you’ve received, who clicked on your ad, and more. You can view in an instance, your Return On Investment, and adjust the advertisement accordingly!
It’s time to start getting internet and technology savvy with your trade business marketing, or you’ll soon find your competitors stealing all your work!
- Join our Kick-Ass Tradies Facebook Group, for access to trade business specific conversations, tips and resources, plus a like-minded community of tradies.
- Book a 15-minute Game Plan Call with Andy, owner of Dr. DRiP plumbing and co-founder of Lifestyle Tradie, to clarify your priorities and get clear action steps.