The Power Of Facebook For Trade Businesses
There’s no denying it… Facebook is TAKING OVER!
In fact, there are a whopping 2 BILLION daily active users on the platform, and I bet you’re one of them!
So, why not take advantage of easy access to this audience?
Whilst you may have already created, and are maintaining a Facebook page, for your trade business… this sometimes isn’t enough in order to reach every potential customer.
It’s time to learn how you can utilise Facebook’s paid features to do just that.
But first, we have a duty to make a clear distinction between something…
We often ask trade businesses across Australia what they’re doing with Facebook. To which they respond with, “I’ve got a business page and I’m running Facebook ads.”
This is all well and great, but when we get to the crux of what they’re actually doing on Facebook, they’re running BOOSTED POSTS, not Facebook Ads.
You might be thinking, “so? Same thing…”
Actually, there is a MASSIVE difference… each of these paid features has their own benefits and limitations.
Boosted Posts is the selection of a specific post (one that is already on your businesses page) and ‘putting money behind it’ in order to boost it to an audience. This boosted post will show up to your selected audience based on location, interests, and more. They are paid posts and you can set a budget according to how long you want the boost to run for. Essentially, the boosted post only allows you to reach a wider audience.
- It’s simplistic and appealing for those who don’t want to deal with complicated ad campaigns in Facebook.
- Increases engagement with that specific post
- Provides exposure for your business
- Its simplistic design means you cannot be specific with your advertisement
- You cannot be specific with your audience targeting
- Cannot change the target of Boosted Posts from ‘Reach/Engagement’
When Should I Use It?
It’s best to avoid boosting posts just for the sake of boosting. You need to be strategic if you want to get the most out of your money.
Ideally, there are three types of posts that you can boost to get maximum results:
- Posts that are announcements of an upcoming event that is sponsored or hosted by your company
- A release of a new product/service
- Limited time promos or discount offers
Facebook Advertisements are set up through Facebook’s Business Manager. Facebook Advertisements allow you to be very specific in your targeting allowing you to achieve your campaigns aim easier. The advertisement is based off an entirely new post that does not appear on your Business’s Facebook page.
- Create more specific audiences. For example, you can target people based on location, age, interests, job titles, education and much more.
- More specific campaign aims. For example, lead generation, video views, engagement, website views, and much more.
- Allows you to create a ‘Facebook Pixel’ to use in audiences for retargeting purposes
- The budget is spent based off your campaign aim.
- More features than Boosted Posts
- Facebook’s Business Manager is complex for those who are not familiar with it
When Should I Use It?
There are plenty of uses for Facebook Advertisements all based off the campaign aims available when creating your advertisement including…
- Increase brand awareness
- Increasing reach
- Increasing leads
- Increasing engagement, and so much more!
Interested in learning more about Facebook Advertising for your trade business? Come check out our LAST round of ‘Next Level Tradie’ events for 2018 in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney! On the day, there is a whole section dedicated to the hot topic of MARKETING… more specifically tools to help you attract leads, deliver a great service, and retain customers for life (including Facebook). CLICK HERE to grab your free ticket!