Eat. Sleep. Surf. Repeat. That Won’t Bring You Success in 2016, but THIS will!
You’re BACK… from Surf. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
but that rhythm (although awesome!), won’t get results in your business.
That’s the question… what do I do now if I want to make 2016 the BEST year yet?
So, for starters, welcome back!
Yes, 2016 has already begun. In fact we’re half way through January (WHAT!!~!).
And to be honest, you just might feel you are still on that isolated beach, enjoying the sun and sand with a Corona in hand.
Well… I hate to be the one to burst your bubble. Your business is calling and you need to make some decisions.
Let’s start with a few easy questions:
1. Have you already found yourself falling into the same old routine? Do you want it to stop?
2. Does this routine mean you’re destined for the same ‘average’ results of last year? Is it time this stopped and instead you made GREAT profit?
3. Is it time you started earning the money you know you deserve? Just like the other tradies around you.
If you said ‘YES’, or perhaps even a ‘HELL YEAH’ to any or all of these questions, then you’re in the right place. Read on and I’ll tell you why…
It’s so easy to continue the way you always have.
But now that you’ve decided ‘enough is enough’, you have to do things differently.
As the saying goes;
‘If you want something you’ve never had, then you have to do something you’ve never done”
because great things never came from a comfort zone!
Let’s talk starting 2016 off RIGHT….
Start with the End in Mind
Start with the Money
What was your turnover and profit last year? What do you want this year to be?
I’m being serious. Check out your figures. Write them down and commit to a number that stretches you, because how do you stay motivated to make more money if you don’t even know the target you’re aiming for?
Then think about your Customers
Are you working with the right customers to hit this number? Or perhaps you need to replace them to not only hit this number, but for the future of the business.
Can you get more work from your current customers? Do you know how?
Or will you need new ones? If this is a yes, what marketing strategy have you thought about to attract them to you?
Then think about your team
Will you need more staff to pull off that number?
When will you need them? What month? What skill set?
Can you afford them? This question might be one for your accountant.
Looking at these 3 areas of your business NOW, in January, thinking ‘with the end in mind’, is a GREAT way to set yourself up for a successful 2016!
The planning is done. We’re feeling PUMPED. 2016 is looking awesome.
What about you?
- Join our Kick-Ass Tradies Facebook Group, for access to trade business specific conversations, tips and resources, plus a like-minded community of tradies.
- Book a 15-minute Game Plan Call with Andy, owner of Dr. DRiP plumbing and co-founder of Lifestyle Tradie, to clarify your priorities and get clear action steps.